Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Running to Fit

I read a great blog post tonight from @Runnrgrl.

It truly was a great read. It got me thinking. I love motivating people with my running. It is one of the unexpected joys I have recieved from talking about my running. One of the reasons I started to run is to be healthier. To be here longer with my family. To enjoy my kids and their kids (not for a while as mine are 7 & 2).

Although reading the post "Skinny Bitch" had me reflect on my own vanity. The constant watching for abs in the mirror. You see at 5'7" I am told that unless I am under 165lbs I am over weight. I have always been someone that carries my weight well but at 200lbs and high blood pressure I needed to get moving. To date I have dropped 15lbs and feel better than I ever have. Seeing the difference in the mirror is a challenge as there is a voice in my head that tells me to go further. There is a voice in my head that tells me not to eat too much. I am sensible and realize that I have always been a "big eater" so half chickens and fries really aren't the right thing. I also know that lettuce with no dressing is wrong. I do see the slippery slope and am mindful of it.

M

1 comment:

  1. ya - naked lettuce is almost as gross as mr.burns with no clothes. :) glad i got you thinking- its great to meet another runner close to home. looking forward to following you.
    rg

    ReplyDelete